10/31/2010

My key concepts - (Magazine ideas)


I have had many different key concepts or ideas on what I would like my magazine to be. Thinking of a good idea, on what to base a music magazine is difficult, as the idea has to be flexible and easy to manipulate. I have had many initial ideas on what too base my magazine on:
·        An alternative rock magazine.
·        House music magazine.
·        Charts magazine.
·        A ‘Top of the pops’ type, gossip – music magazine.
·        An R&B/ Hip hop magazine.

These were the ideas that have come to mind. I have chosen some of the genre magazine ideas, simply because I like that type of music. I think that my most productive and inventive idea is the ‘top of the pops’ type magazine, as it covers music, as well as other issues like; bulling advice, current affairs, etc.

I want my magazine to be different to other music magazines. I want to produce a type of music magazine that hasn’t been produced. I will use the ‘top of the pops’ music magazine idea and expand on it. The way I am looking to expand on the idea is to make my music magazine into an all round magazine that covers mainly the music industry, but also features other aspects such as; current affairs, competitions, adverts etc.
I think that if I apply this to my music magazine then it will cover a wide range of my target audience. I will include a wide range of music from rock to classical music. This enhances my target audience. 

I am going to use a medium shot on the front cover of my magazine. I am going to use the idea of a famous two man band visiting a primary school for charity. I will also include other stories on the front cover as subheadings. I have not decided on a suitable catchy masthead yet. I will develop my ideas on the masthead later, when I come to produce the front cover of the magazine.  

However many problems may arise, with the above ideas. People may say I am stealing an idea from top of the pops magazine. I will have to adapt or make my magazine different from top of the pops. It may be hard to think of suitable stories to put on the front page. I will take advice and suggestions from anyone who is willing to help. 

 
This is what my music magazine will look like. I will have a main masthead, a main head line, a main picture, which covers a part of the masthead and various other sub-headings. I will also include other stories as well as music stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment